Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Thank you.

For those of you who don't know who I am, I am Paul's identical twin brother. I would like to humbly thank everyone who has responded to this blog so far, whether it has been a donation, an offer to be tested as a donor, or just a sincere promise to keep Paul in your thoughts and prayers.

As Paul's twin, I was of course the first person tested as a possible donor, and of course i came back as a perfect match in every way and would have been the ideal donor, but becuase of an abnormailty found in early test, which is probably the result of the 17 major surgeries I have had, I was told I could not donate. I anticipated this, but I was not prepared for how devastating the news was. I can't describe what it's like to be told "hey - you have a purpose in life, one that would mean more to you than anything else you could ever do, and you would be the literally the best possible person to do it - but you can't."

Paul is more than my twin brother. He is more than my best friend. He is quite simply half of who I am. So if I get pushy about this cause, please know that it comes both out of the very best intentions and love for my for brother and out of pure selfishness for the fact that I can't live without him. I think it says a lot for what a good person Paul is that so many friends have stepped forward to offer their support and even their organs. I offer my undying thanks and love to all of you.

Remember - every little bit helps. These medication are shockingly expensive - they cost more per month than a two bedroom/two bath apartment. The tiniest donation can add up to a lot of of help. Thank you again, and I will keep everyone posted on how things are going.

Sincerely,
Patrick

No comments: