Friday, July 3, 2009

Surgery on Monday

The long wait for the surgey to take place is finally almost ovewr, Sort of. The surgery which will take place on Monday, July 6 at 5:30 am is a bilatteral nephrectomy (removal of both kidneys), not the transplant, which will take place on August 4. But it's a gigantic step, and I'm told will actually be the harder surgery. It's going to be a rough month between the two surgeries. Having no kidneys means having to severely limit my intake of liquids. I'll go from drinking probably two gallons of water per day to a mere 32 ounces.

I'm torn between being very excited for the surgery, and being apprehensive. I do not relish the thought of a week in the hospital. I'm very grateful to those who have promised to visit. Ultimately, I'm glad to be moving forward, and trying very hard to have faith and trust that this is all going to work out.

Thanks to everyone for their prayers, love and support since November.

1 comment:

Leisl said...

The end of the tunnel! Hooray! Apprehension before surgery - especially a surgery like this - is completely normal and healthy. I will be sending you, as always, happy & healing thoughts ... and Reiki. :-) Call me if you need anything. *hugs*